Many people desire to feel euphoric, yet stress prevents us from experiencing that feeling. Life is definitely challenging and time-consuming.
If you want to achieve a healthy equilibrium in your life, there is a divine method that will allow you to acquire it, and it is called chakra activation. Would you want to learn more about chakras?
If you want comprehensive explanations on how to activate your chakras, I made a list of my personal picks for the ideal chakra books for beginners.
- 21 of the Best Chakra Books for Beginners
- 1. The Book of Chakra Healing by Liz Simpson and Teresa Hale
- 2. Wheels of Life by Anodea Judith
- 3. The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Working with Chakras by Patricia Mercier
- 4. The Complete Book of Chakra Healing: Activate the Transformative Power of Your Energy Centers by Cyndi Dale
- 5. The Chakra Book: Energy and Healing Power of the Subtle Body by Osho
- 6. The Book of Chakras: Discover the Hidden Forces Within You by Ambika Wauters
- 7. The Sevenfold Journey: Reclaiming Mind, Body and Spirit through the Chakras by Anodea Judith and Selene Vega
- 8. Chakra Balancing: A Guide to Healing and Awakening Your Energy Body by Anodea Judith
- 9. Chakras and Their Archetypes: Uniting Energy Awareness and Spiritual Growth by Ambika Wauters
- 10. Chakra Clearing by Doreen Virtue
- 11. Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Chakras: Your Definitive Source of Energy Center Knowledge for Health, Happiness, and Spiritual Evolution by Cyndi Dale
- 12. A Handbook of Chakra Healing: Spiritual Practice for Health, Harmony and Inner Peace by Kalashatra Govinda
- 13. Chakra Healing: A Beginner’s Guide to Self-Healing Techniques That Balance the Chakras by Margarita Alcantara
- 14. Kundalini: An Untold Story by Om Swami
- 15. Chakras for Beginners: A Guide to Balancing Your Chakra Energies by David Pond
- 16. Yoga – The Path To Holistic Health by B.K.S. Iyengar
- 17. Chakras for Beginners – The 7 Chakras Guide on How to Balance Your Energy by Jill Hesson
- 18. Eastern Body, Western Mind by Anodea Judith
- 19. Chakra Yoga by Anodea Judith
- 20. Chakradance by Natalie Southgate
- 21. Anatomy of the Spirit by Caroline Myss
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What exactly is a chakra?
- 2. What are chakras for beginners?
21 of the Best Chakra Books for Beginners
1. The Book of Chakra Healing by Liz Simpson and Teresa Hale
Book of Chakra Healing is an excellent book for beginners. It consists of an easy-to-read 144-page handbook on the chakra system.
In particular, I like its unique study of the chakra archetypes and its suggestions for balancing the chakras using Reiki, essential oils, crystals, meals, and altars. This book should be your initial stop if you are new to chakra healing. It provides a simple reference for further study and practice.
2. Wheels of Life by Anodea Judith
Wheels of Life is the next stage in your chakra healing study and practice if you feel ready to face its deeper realms. It’s also one of my Reiki book recommendations.
This book describes how our chakras are balanced, become unbalanced, and awaken at various stages of our lives and react to multiple energies. It is a reference handbook that allows you to quickly learn and use its information in your therapeutic approach.
Wheels of Life is a unique chakra book covering the whole system and is perfect for advanced chakra studies.
3. The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Working with Chakras by Patricia Mercier
This chakra book is for the healer who likes a more hands-on, instructive, need-to-feel-it approach. The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Working with Chakras is really a “guide to working with” Chakras.
This comprehensive handbook gives an overview of each chakra but focuses on the how rather than the why. Aura reading, crystals, yoga, movement, aromatherapy, meditation, and energy methods are among the modalities taught in this book.
This detailed, hands-on book also allows you to select and choose your own chakra journey without having to read every single page.
4. The Complete Book of Chakra Healing: Activate the Transformative Power of Your Energy Centers by Cyndi Dale
The Complete Book of Chakra Healing: Activate the Transformative Power of Your Energy Centers is an essential resource for all energy healers. Chakras and energy bodies, chakras and energetic illness origins, kundalini, meditation, and guided hand-healing postures for each chakra are covered in detail.
To improve your Reiki practice and your clients’ experience, this includes many additional methods that are easy to understand.
5. The Chakra Book: Energy and Healing Power of the Subtle Body by Osho
The Chakra Book: Energy and Healing Power of the Subtle Body teaches the reader about the chakras in a lovely traditional Eastern way. This is the book for you if you want to understand more about chakras and their associated systems in Chinese medicine, Indian Ayurveda, dance, yoga, and martial arts.
To discover more about the chakras, this book is a must-read. This book will appeal to Kundalini Yoga devotees since it explains how the chakras are awakened in conventional Kundalini Yoga practice.
6. The Book of Chakras: Discover the Hidden Forces Within You by Ambika Wauters
The Book of Chakras: Discover the Hidden Forces Within You is the definitive Reiki and energetic healing beginner’s handbook. This book discusses the connections between mind, body, and spirit in great depth and how the chakras and components of this systemic relationship are in and out of our bodies.
If you are a healer or are interested in healing, I strongly suggest this book as a prerequisite to all of the above.
7. The Sevenfold Journey: Reclaiming Mind, Body and Spirit through the Chakras by Anodea Judith and Selene Vega
This book is a must-read for Wheels of Life fans! With her second book, the author covers much more ground than her first.
The Sevenfold Journey: Reclaiming Mind, Body, and Spirit through the Chakras explores how integrating chakra healing with yoga, bioenergetics, journaling, dance, meditation, movement, ritual, and even psychotherapy may produce powerful transformational healing experiences. This book uses various teaching methods to teach the chakras, including diagrams, charts, and step-by-step instructions.
8. Chakra Balancing: A Guide to Healing and Awakening Your Energy Body by Anodea Judith
In this interactive multimedia kit, you will learn about chakra identification and healing methods. In addition to the 102-page workbook, Chakra Balancing includes 7 CDs with beautiful and inspirational guided meditations, a 7-chakra oracle deck for meditating on the “day’s chakra” pull, and an attractive box to keep it all.
Aside from being a complete package, it includes items that are ideal for teaching and practicing. Chakra Balancing is a fantastic supplement for Reiki practitioners and healers.
9. Chakras and Their Archetypes: Uniting Energy Awareness and Spiritual Growth by Ambika Wauters
Chakras and Their Archetypes: Uniting Energy Awareness and Spiritual Growth looks at the chakra system through a new lens: psychological archetypes. This book connects the seven chakras to Western psychology archetypes and myths to educate the reader on how these regions function and react.
This book describes the chakras as a passionate sequence of behavioral patterns experienced throughout our lives and what kinds of reciprocal archetypal conduct we must participate in to heal ourselves and others. Its unique approach is a book I recommend to healers who integrate archetypes and Jungian behavior theory into their energy healing practice.
10. Chakra Clearing by Doreen Virtue
Doreen Virtue is no stranger to any therapeutic method or system. Even if you are new to energy healing, you have probably come across Doreen Virtue’s work, especially her oracle cards. If you want to clear your chakras in a way that feels like chatting to a friend, I suggest Chakra Clearing.
This book includes a beautiful self-guided meditation CD with Virtue herself. It also works with angels, fairies, spirit guides, and ancestors in chakra work, so if this is an integral part of your Reiki practice, this is a must-have.
11. Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Chakras: Your Definitive Source of Energy Center Knowledge for Health, Happiness, and Spiritual Evolution by Cyndi Dale
Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Chakras has approximately 1,050 pages of instructional text, informative guides, charts, pictures, and references for all readers interested in working with the chakras. The science, practice, history, and different structures of the chakras in the physical and energetic bodies are explored in this book.
When it comes to chakra information, there is so much to choose from that it is hard to know where to start. It is regularly updated to incorporate the newest scientific discoveries, therapeutic methods, and other popular healing resources.
12. A Handbook of Chakra Healing: Spiritual Practice for Health, Harmony and Inner Peace by Kalashatra Govinda
The spiritual approach to the chakra system makes Reiki masters like this book. The spiritual and mindfulness-oriented approach to dealing with the chakras sets A Handbook of Chakra Healing: Spiritual Practice for Health, Harmony, and Inner Peace apart.
“Just for today, don’t worry,” “work hard,” “love your neighbor,” and “don’t anger” are all Usui Reiki principles that are beautifully complemented by the devoted traditional Usui Reiki student and/or master who combines the practice with their spiritual beliefs. This book is a guidebook consisting of teaching methods, guided meditations, and exercises.
13. Chakra Healing: A Beginner’s Guide to Self-Healing Techniques That Balance the Chakras by Margarita Alcantara
This is a must-read for all Level I Usui Reiki practitioners. Lessons on Self-Healing Hand Positions and Techniques that Balance the Chakras closely correlates with the Level I attunement process and practice.
Chakra Healing: A Beginner’s Book to Self-Healing Techniques that Balance the Chakras is a beautiful guide that fits well with all the material you’ll study and master on your Reiki healing path. This book includes a chakra-by-chakra guide, fascinating information, and activities to help you recover.
14. Kundalini: An Untold Story by Om Swami
Om Swami, a Himalayan ascetic, debunks the idea of the relationship between chakras and the instruments needed for astrology, tarot, and horoscope compatibility in this book.
For explaining the true meaning of chakras and yoga, Kundalini is the best-selling book, and it will provide you with mental strength when your mind is packed with a million ideas. There is a sense that a web of ideas begins to develop and is difficult to untangle, but after a few minutes of rapid fire breathing or one-minute breathing, the mind begins to clear.
15. Chakras for Beginners: A Guide to Balancing Your Chakra Energies by David Pond
Your idea that you have problems due to other individuals or chance occurrences may be misunderstood. Inner imbalance is the underlying reason for this issue, and Chakra for Beginners will help you realize this. It details how to attune to many levels of energy in order to attain internal harmony and wellness.
David Pond has authored one of the best-selling yoga and chakra books for beginners, helping you to understand the different chakras and their role in meditation and overcoming spiritual blockages.
16. Yoga – The Path To Holistic Health by B.K.S. Iyengar
In addition to being the creator of yoga as a physical practice, B.K.S. Iyengar was also widely regarded as one of the world’s finest yoga instructors. He is the writer of multiple publications on the subjects of yoga and meditation.
Yoga – The Path of Holistic Health is one of his most outstanding yoga chakra books, and it is a must-read. Everyone may get the advantages of yoga if they take a technical approach and are precise in their movements.
It facilitates the opening of the heart center (chakra). The root chakra is strengthened by poses like Tree Pose, which makes us feel like solid trees firmly planted in the ground, and when our demands are not fulfilled, we feel like strong trees planted firmly in the earth.
17. Chakras for Beginners – The 7 Chakras Guide on How to Balance Your Energy by Jill Hesson
As the title implies, the author believes that you are a newbie, and as a result, the book covers every level of the chakras distributed throughout the human body. When you realize this, you will begin to see significant changes in your body and life.
The book Chakras for Beginners – The 7 Chakras Guide on How to Balance Your Energy teaches yoga techniques for beginners, discusses topics that are essential to human beings, and promotes a strong flow of energy throughout the body. As a result, we have an open heart, are sympathetic, forgiving, and non-judgmental, and our lips can bless, express gratitude, and show love to those around us.
18. Eastern Body, Western Mind by Anodea Judith
This book is best for those who are interested in both Western psychology and Eastern philosophy.
An unorthodox new way of mapping the Western framework of Jungian psychology, somatic treatment, childhood developmental theory, and metaphysics to the Eastern chakra system is provided in this book entitled Eastern Body, Western Mind. Understanding how each chakra is associated with different traumas and abuses can help you help others heal their issues.
19. Chakra Yoga by Anodea Judith
This book is for those who like practicing yoga. Chakra Yoga is about learning how to utilize postures, breath control, mantras, visualization, and meditation to tune into the chakras.
In general, the postures in a yoga book are categorized according to the kind of poses they are, such as sitting, standing, etc. The postures are arranged according to the chakras in this book. This step-by-step book has beautifully photographed images and easy-to-follow directions for each position.
20. Chakradance by Natalie Southgate
Chakradance is for you if you enjoy the concept of yoga and meditation but find it challenging to do the postures or remain motionless for long periods.
Unlike other chakra books, this one utilizes music and movement to activate and balance your chakras. Music has many vibrational frequencies, and each chakra has its own. Dancing to the appropriate music balances our chakras.
21. Anatomy of the Spirit by Caroline Myss
This book is for those who are open to new religious rites and teachings. Anatomy of the Spirit draws on Hindu, Christian, and Kabbalistic knowledge.
A pattern of emotional and psychological stressors, beliefs, and attitudes is described in this book. This book will teach you how the body and soul interact and provide you with spiritual and physical growth tools.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What exactly is a chakra?
A chakra is a part of the body that is linked to the flow of life force. Each chakra is an interface for the continuous flow of life energy. A chakra is connected to exchanges involving the body or the mind. Although current science cannot identify or quantify chakras, they inevitably exist.
2. What are chakras for beginners?
Here’s a beginner’s guide to the 7 chakras:
- Root Chakra (Muladhara)
- Sacral Chakra (Swadhisthana)
- Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura)
- Heart Chakra (Anahata)
- Throat Chakra (Vishuddha)
- Third-Eye Chakra (Ajna)
- Crown Chakra (Sahasrara)